Linkage studies to determine new development fees.
HEC conducts studies which show the linkage between a new development and the need for affordable housing, transit, public facilities, or other community resources. The study shows the legal nexus that justifies the fees in support of the resource. HEC has performed fee nexus studies for development impact fees, senior housing fees, water and wastewater connection fees, drainage fees, and affordable housing fees.
- Western Regional Water Commission – Impact of Water-Related Fees on Development
- City of Sacramento – Establishment of Senior Housing Development Impact Fees for North Natomas
- Washoe County – Spanish Springs Wastewater Connection Fee Analysis
- City of West Sacramento – Flood In-lieu Fee Study Update
- Placer County – East and West County Affordable Housing Fee Nexus Studies